Well, happy birthday to me - my hubbo took me to Vegas for a long weekend! This however, was not the "SURPRISE! - I'm whisking you away for a romantic weekend," type of sitch. Oh no no no, mommy needed a few weeks to wrap her head around this.
Mid-October, after confirming my mother was available to stay with our dear Tallan, Matt had told me about this birthday trip. First of all, because we needed a game plan for bottle/sippy cups, neither of which Tallan had ever taken before. (Who could blame her, have you seen my boobs!?) Secondly, my sweet hubbo knew, though I love the romance of a getaway, that I would need to prepare myself for my first night away from baby. For his thoughtfulness, I am so grateful. Muuuuah!
After confirming with the pediatrician that my daughter would not starve, typing and notarizing a Medical Emergency Form, and creating a Mimi cheat sheet, we were off for Vegas baby!On the agenda - a fancy dinner out, some adult beverages, sight seeing, and a Cirque du Solei show all in 48 baby free hours.
We had a fantastic time! I am so grateful to make new memories with the man I have known for over a decade, and still find silly, funny and oh so charming. The adult beverages took the edge off the little pangs of homesickness felt throughout each day. How sweet it was to realize the hubs felt the same way when we both shared a couple tears over sushi on our last day there.
|Headed to dinner @ Bobby Flay's MESA Grill|
- Yes, I can still look presentable and talk like a grown up!
- I am so excited to be able to get away with Matt. Thanks pharmacy school!
- The "pump n dump" concept is the most unnatural thing EVER.
- My mom is a saint. Tallan is now a sippy cup pro after ZERO meltdowns.
- Sending a man through airport security with a breast pump to explain to TSA is the best way to get a good chuckle.
- Whoever said "home is where the heart is," must have had children.
Needless to say, my birthday trip was a total success! Husband and wife time will never, ever be overrated.